Friday, May 4, 2018

Kicking My blog off with A Nicki Review (Come Thru BARBZ !)


Kicking off the start of my new blog page I would like to kick things off  by talking about Miss Onika Maraj! Tonight Nicki dropped the premiere videos of "Chun-Li" and "Barbie Tingz" and I will say giving my unbiased opinion on both videos that after watching each video I now like both songs even more. 
When I first heard the song "Barbie Tingz" I DID NOT LIKE the song what so ever, the song was sounding a little bit average for it to be a (n) Nicki Minaj record. I've been following Nicki since her "Beam me up scotty" days presented by Dj Holiday (lmao) that's how hard I rock with Nicki; the rough "The warning remix" and "Itty Bitty Piggy" days.  So when I first heard the song Barbie Tingz I was not impressed I truly felt Minaj could have done better. Yet on Chun-Li the beat of the song drew me and she had good metaphors (As always) in her songs. For Example in verse 1 of the song she says 'Ayo look like i'm going for a swim, Dunk on 'em now i'm swinging off the rim... Bitch ain't coming off the bench, while i'm coming off the court fully drenched... here get some haterade, get ya thirst quenched! You guys can't tell me that was not Catchy AF (lol)  Nicki has been killing the game as usual but slowed down a little bit when CARDI B. started to show out on the scene and in my opinion I really don't understand why because there is enough room for all of the female MCs to eat and grind. You have Kash doll. Asian Doll, Cardi B. Nicki Minaj, Dreezy, Tink, and so may more female MCs that are out there on this little platform scraping to shine. I like them all so my Luvs as I continue to post my reviews there will be a lot of unbiased statement because I will forever tell it like it is on these musicians. 

Next was the "Barbie Tingz" Video that I ABSOLUTELY LOVED due to the fact in the video Nicki looked like she was just having fun while slaying as usual. Some are saying shots were being thrown to "Remy Ma" and some are saying shots were being thrown to "Cardi B"? 
In my opinion I feel Nicki threw shots overall as a statement that she is here to stay and don't forget it. I believe people seem to forget how old Nicki Minaj is and the fact that she is in her late 30s so therefore she is one of the older MCs but also she is setting a statement to let everyone know that she is not falling off anytime soon. Nicki Minaj Slayed both videos as usual and I'm excited to see what else she has in store for us fans; she certainly shut me up with these two videos and proved me wrong so yes Nicki please keep this momentum up. I wonder who else will set up and kill the scene next! 

That's it for this blog post Luvs.... Once again don't forget to subscribe to my blog for daily postings and Comment down below! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment